Last Modified: 10/26/2018
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from or about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email, and telephone number, (“Personal Information”);
- Information about you individually but does not identify you;
- Information about your company, including information you provide if you apply to become one of our client companies; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information We Collect
As you navigate through the Website, we may collect two types of information from you: (1) “personally identifiable information” (as described below); and (2) “non-personally identifiable information” (as described below).
“Personally identifiable information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name.
Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your personally identifiable information through the Website:
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, or other information if you fill out certain forms or online requests on the Website; and
- We may collect your email address and the content of your email if you contact us.
Here are some examples of ways through which we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information through the Website, and how we use such information:
- Log Information: When you use the Website or view content provided by SCRA, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you use our service, IP address information described below, web pages which have been viewed by you, date and time, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests, and referral URL.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address: Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the internet know where to send you data, such as screens and pages of our services that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our services to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our services.
- You may also provide us your location when you fill out certain forms available on our Website.
- Usage Information: When you use the Website, we may collect and process information about how you use the Website, including how you move through the Website.
- Feedback Information: From time to time, we may request that you provide us with feedback regarding the Website, as well as the services we offer. We may do this in the form of a survey or other feedback mechanism. We may collect and analyze this information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the SCRA, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
How We Use Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
- Offer you the services you request;
- Help us create or offer content which is relevant to you;
- Allow you to access certain areas of our Website;
- Register you as a member and develop your profile to enable you to take advantage of the personalized features of the Website;
- Alert you to updated information and other new services offered by us or by third parties;
- Forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of any promotion;
- To improve your user experience and the experience of other users of our Website;
- To understand how you use the Website;
- Identify you as a poster or provider of communications or content; or
- Contact you in response to an email or other communication.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting our visitor and member use of the Website and services. In preparing these reports, we may combine and analyze the Personal Information you provide to us with information from other sources. However, these reports will only include aggregate information about visitors. The information in these reports will not identify you individually and any business partner with whom such reports may be shared will not be able to contact you based on the information contained in the reports.
Disclosures of Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose you personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you;
- To send you information, including news, events, job openings and related information that you have subscribed to;
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our services;
- To comply with law, including but not limited to the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act, to which we are subject, or if in good faith we believe that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors;
- To third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets;
- To track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume information from our visitors and provide such information to third parties; and
- To protect against fraud or potential fraud.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose and share information about you and your use of the Website if we believe such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law, including but not limited to the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act, to which we are subject, and/or legal process where a formal request has been made;
- Protect or defend our rights and/or property and property of others;
- Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the SCRA or its nonaffiliated partners. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the SCRA to promote our services, you can opt-out by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by sending us an email stating your request through the link provided in the “Contact Us” section below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing, Correcting, and Removing Your Information
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us through the link provided in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
When required by applicable law, we will provide you with a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you upon your request by contacting us through the link provided in the “Contact Us” section below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, or you otherwise wish to remove your Personal Information from our systems, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct, amend, or delete the information by contacting us as indicated below.
We have implemented measures to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Once we receive your information, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use password-controlled servers with limited access to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Our computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage, However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure server software.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted vis our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is done at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us through the link provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Third Party Links
The Website may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than SCRA. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you may download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These external websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. SCRA strongly recommends that you review the third party’s terms and policies before using any services or products they provide or providing any of your personally identifiable information to the third part.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
SCRA does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
Information for California Residents
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not sell or lease your personal information and we do not disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We may transfer your information to a third party as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of the business. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing us through the link provided in the “Contact Us” section.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
Changes to this Policy
You may also reach by telephone at 1-843-760-3200.
You may also write to us at:
1000 Catawba Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29201
The information contained and accessed on this site (the “Site”) is provided by SCRA and is intended to offer the user general information of interest about the SCRA program. The information provided is not intended to replace or serve as substitute for any audit, advisory, tax or other professional advice, consultation or service. You should consult with an SCRA professional in the respective audit, advisory, tax or other professional area to obtain such services and/or information.
The application of laws and regulations may vary depending on specific facts or circumstances. Due to the nature of electronic communication processes, SCRA does not guarantee or warrant that this Site will be uninterrupted, without delay, error-free, omission-free, or free of viruses. Therefore, the information is provided ‘as is’ without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including accuracy, timeliness and completeness. In no event shall SCRA, and/or it’s programs, related partners, managing directors, principals, agents or employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including but not limited to, liability for loss of use, data or profits), without regard to the form of any action, including but not limited to, contract, negligence or other tortious actions, arising out of or in connection with the Site, any content on or accessed by use of the Site, or any copying, display or other use hereof.
As content on the Site is copyrighted and proprietary, any unauthorized use of any materials on the Site may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. Should a user download the materials on the Site for personal or non-commercial use, the user must retain all copyright, trademark or other similar notices contained in the original materials or on any copies of the material. Materials on the Site may not be modified, reproduced, publicly displayed, performed, distributed or used for any public or commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the appropriate content or material provider (including third-party links). SCRA bears no risk, responsibility or liability in the event that a user does not obtain such explicit written permission as advised by SCRA.
SCRA and SCRA program logos are trademarks of SCRA. Use of these marks requires express permission from, and a license agreement with SCRA as appropriate. Unauthorized use of these and any other SCRA portfolio of trademarks will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. To request this written approval, contact the Webmaster or use the “Contact us” feature.
Third-party links are provided as a convenience to our users. SCRA is note responsible for any of these sites or their content. SCRA is obligated to protect its reputation and trademarks and SCRA reserves the right to request removal of any link to our Web site.
The following web link activities are explicitly prohibited by SCRA and may present trademark and copyright infringement issues:
- links that involve unauthorized use of our logos