- LOCATION AND PAYROLL: The company’s principal office is located in South Carolina or at least 51% of payroll to employees within the state
- REGISTRATION: Business must be registered with the South Carolina Secretary of State
- TECHNOLOGY SECTOR: Your product offering is in the following target sectors: Advance Materials and Manufacturing, Information Technology or Life Sciences
- TEAM: Experienced team members on board with at least one member of management working full-time, and Board of Advisors in place is preferred
- TECHNICAL VIABILITY: Company’s product is not easily replicated, has validation and/or system prototype demonstration in relevant environment, has protected IP (such as patents, trade secret and/or trademarks)
- MARKET VIABILITY: Value proposition validated within target market and has a high-impact business model with the potential to generate significant revenue.
- FUNDING: The company has plans to or already has secured initial external funding (such as: grants, banks, friends, founders)
- Coaching and other support from SCRA staff and Resource Partners
- Participation in SCRA-sponsored networking events
- SCRA marketing and promotion of major company successes
- Opportunity to apply for a variety of grants
- Possible partnerships with industry and/or academia facilitated and funded by SCRA
- Potential eligibility for investments from SCRA’s investment affiliate, SC Launch Inc.