Get Research Funding
SCRA works directly with academic institutions and affiliated startups – creating opportunities to advance research capabilities and commercialize technology.
SCRA works with industry to identify market trends and validate the commercial relevance of academic research that it funds. SCRA offers grants to advance technologies and enable academic engagement with industry.
Academic Matching Grant (formerly Maturation)
Up to $15K
- Who: Institutions of higher education
- When: Accepting applications.
- Why: To support translational research sponsored by the institution.
SCRA-Academic Collaboration Team (SACT) Grant
SCRA awarded $3.3M (matched with an additional $3.4M) to bring colleges, universities, and industry together to advance innovation.
- Who: SC Researchers and their Industry collaborators
- When: Next RFA released in 2023; award cycle is three years.
- Why: To form multi-institutional research teams that are developing innovative solutions to the key challenges facing South Carolina’s industrial base, particularly in the field of advanced manufacturing.