- SCRA is a public, nonprofit corporation chartered by the South Carolina legislature in 1983.
- SCRA has an investment affiliate, SC Launch Inc., for Member Companies on a strong growth track and completing the due diligence process.
- SCRA Member Companies that receive investment are called SC Launch Inc. Portfolio Companies.
- SCRA provides coaches, grant funding, industry matchmaking, and custom-designed facilities for tech-based startups and academic-based research and development projects.
- SCRA contributed over $1.15 billion dollars to South Carolina’s economy in 2022.
- SCRA’s programs and operations supported 5,608 South Carolina-based jobs in 2022.
- SCRA awarded $4.75 million in grants and investments to grow tech-based startups, and academic-based research and development projects, commercialize technology, and assist tech-based startups moving operations to South Carolina.
- SCRA has helped SCRA Member Companies, and SC Launch Inc. Portfolio Companies secure more than $2.33 billion in follow-on funding since 2006.
Chartered in 1983 by the State of South Carolina as a public, nonprofit corporation, South Carolina Research Authority fuels the state’s innovation economy through the impact of its comprehensive services to technology-based startups, academia, and industry. SCRA provides funding and support to accelerate the growth of academic startups; high-quality lab and administrative workspaces; facilitation and funding for partnerships between and among industry, startups, and academic institutions; assistance and funding for the relocation of technology-based companies to South Carolina; and coaching and funding for startups that may also receive investments from its affiliate, SC Launch Inc.
SC Launch Inc. Boilerplate
Established in 2006, SC Launch Inc. is the investment affiliate of the South Carolina Research Authority. The independent, nonprofit corporation provides convertible loans and investment funding to qualifying SCRA Member Companies. The returns on this funding provide additional coaching and grants to next-generation technology startups.