The City of Columbia has issued a “Stay at Home Order” effective Sunday, March 29 at 12:01 am.
The City of Charleston has issued a “Stay at Home Order” effective Thursday, March 26 at 12:01 am.
Click here to check guidance from Federal DHS about Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce.
SCRA and COVID-19
The past few weeks have seen a radical shift in the way business is conducted, both locally and globally. Like many companies and organizations, SCRA has rapidly adjusted as well. Please be assured that SCRA is continuing to fuel South Carolina’s innovation economy. Our employees are safely working in a social distancing scenario, and they are available to assist you. Thank you for your continued support.
Bob Quinn, Executive Director
Have an impact on SC!
SCRA has allocated substantial additional funding in grants and investments with a particular focus on current Client Companies to assist them in navigating through these unprecedented times. Your contribution to the IPF helps to make this possible.
You can also help by spreading the word — share this flyer with other potential contributors.
- Federal Agency Grant and Funding Opportunities related to the COVID-19 Outbreak (PDF)
US Small Business Administration
- SBA Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- SBA Disaster Loans now available
- SBA South Carolina District Office FREE Webinars
National Science Foundation
- Coronavirus Research Page
- Proposals to conduct non-medical, non-clinical care research on different aspects of COVID-19
- Dear Colleague Letter inviting Rapid Response Research proposals and supplemental funding requests to existing awards that address COVID-19 challenges through data and/or software infrastructure development activities
Other Federal Agencies
- Centers for Disease Control funding
- Centers for Disease Control interim guidance for businesses and employers to plan and respond to COVID-19
- Chronicle of Higher Education summary of the legislation’s impacts for higher education
- COVID-19 High Performance Computing Consortium free compute time and resources
- Department of Energy
- Department of Labor
- Department of Health and Human Services (including the NIH and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Administrative Supplements
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- HHS/Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- HHS/Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- House Appropriations summary of funding provisions
- House Ways and Means summary of unemployment compensation provisions
- National Institutes of Health
- NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) centers services
- Office of Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- State Science & Technology Institute (SSTI) overview of the third emergency response legislation
- Treasury Department
- US Department of Agriculture
SOUTH CAROLINA STATEWIDE RESOURCES
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Resource Guide
- Elliott Davis COVID-19 Resource Center
- SCBIO Coronavirus Resource Page
- SC Department of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- SC Small Business Development Centers: Click here to find resources at your local SBDC. List of SC SBDC contacts by county.
US Chamber of Commerce and Inc. National Small Business Town Hall, recording March 27, 2020. Need step-by-step guidance on filing for a small business or self-employed emergency loan? Click here to access the U.S. Chamber’s new Small Business Loan Guide & Checklist. It will help you determine: “Am I eligible? What will lenders ask? How much can I borrow? And will this loan be forgiven?”
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND NEWS
- CARES Act Provides Financial Relief for Nonprofit Organizations: Paycheck Protection Program
- Practical Growth Advisors: Practical Actions With Your Bank
- US Chamber of Commerce list of resources for businesses
- The federal tax filing deadline has been moved to July 15. Learn more.
- The State Economic Development Executives network has an index of state economic development actions by focus and location.
- The National Council of State Legislatures has several pages dedicated to state actions in related to COVID-19:
- The National Governors Association is providing information on the status of COVID-19 in the U.S. and abroad, what actions states and territories have taken to address it, and the latest efforts by the federal government.
- MultiState provides a reference to updates and information issued by state and key local agencies and policymakers that is updated daily.
- The Tax Foundation provides information on state legislatures’ schedules, adjustments and status of the state’s budget, and the state’s rainy day fund (RDF) balance as a percentage of the prior year’s general fund budget.
- NVCA is tracking resources for venture capital firms and VC-backed companies
- Facebook is offering $100 million in small business grants across 30 countries
- JPMC is including $8 million in philanthropic grants assist small businesses vulnerable to significant economic hardships in the US, China and Europe
SCRA CLIENT AND PORTFOLIO COMPANIES: On the frontlines battling COVID-19
- Supporting efforts to keep students moving and learning while at home due to COVID-19, SC Launch Portfolio Company, ActivEd has made their Walkabouts platform temporarily available at no cost to those implementing remote learning. Walkabouts are on-demand adventures that transform math, language arts, and reading content into short, movement-rich activities for Pre-K through Second Grade students. Learn more
- SC Launch Client Company, Blue Eye Soft, is working on an advanced solution to assist medical professionals in speeding up the detection and diagnosis of COVID-19 symptoms in patients. They need your help (see YouTube video). Visit Company’s Website
- SC Launch Client Company, Citibot, is offering SMS Push Notifications FREE for 60 days. City staff can provide two-way SMS notifications (i.e. text messages) to residents to keep them informed with the most up-to-date information. This is especially helpful for low-income residents who rely on mobile devices for communication. Visit Company’s Website
- SCRA Client Company, Elastrin Therapeutics, has demonstrated proof-of-concept for a patented therapeutic compound that may provide needed repair and restorative function to lungs that have been damaged by the COVID-19 virus. Visit Company’s Website
- SC Launch Client Company, ERG Payroll & HR, has a web page of COVID-19 Business Resources and is doing business-related webinars. Visit Company’s Website
- SC Launch Client Company, Land Intelligence, has a COVID-19 Local Business Status Map on their home page. Visit Company’s Website
- Vikor Scientific, SC Facilities tenant at 22 WestEdge, understands the importance of the detection of emerging pathogens like Coronavirus and has developed testing kits that not only detect COVID-19, but also over 40 pathogens known to cause respiratory illness. Visit Company’s Website
- SC Launch Client Company, Zillion Info, has developed a COVID Pandemic site with County Barometers in all States. The data is updated every midnight. In the matrix, you can see how the new cases are spreading to help communities be more aware of the risk distribution and change patterns.
- SC Launch, Inc. Portfolio Company, ZVerse, is addressing the COVID-19 medical supply shortage with direct manufacturing, responding to the crisis by providing face shields and other medical supplies that are urgently needed by the healthcare community. Visit Company’s Website