HOW SC LAUNCH WORKS
The SC Launch Program creates the framework to fuel South Carolina’s innovation economy by providing the resources necessary to successfully launch and grow startups.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
BECOME A CLIENT COMPANY
Companies that are admitted into the SC Launch Program are referred to as Client Companies. A Regional Manager contacts each company that applies to review their application. You may be invited to present your company to the team in order to determine your acceptance into the Program.
View this checklist and the SC Launch Program application to determine if you are ready for SC Launch. If so, we encourage you to complete the application.
To qualify for acceptance into the SC Launch Program, companies must:
- Be a South Carolina-based entity, located in SC, established and registered with the SC Secretary of State with at least 51% of payroll to employees within the state.
- Be an advanced-technology business in the following target sectors: life sciences, advanced manufacturing/materials or information technology.
- Have a protected intellectual property position or a distinct competitive advantage. Private investors like to see protectable, innovative technology and so do we. Your product should not be easy to replicate and should include intellectual property such as trade secrets, patents and trademarks.
- Have a high-impact business model. We look for start-ups that can grow into sizable businesses in the state, creating high-wage jobs and revenues.
- Have money invested by the principals and/or founders (not sweat equity!) and/or raised initial capital from others (sources include friends, family, banks, etc.).
Review the resource library to gain an understanding of the processes and important financing documents of the SC Launch Program. The documents are provided as reference material and are subject to change.
We currently have more than 1650 active companies from our three sectors of focus in our portfolio. View the interactive map to learn more about our Client Companies and see the successful graduates. You can read a description of each company and see where they are located.
SCRA and our SC Launch Program help entrepreneurs grow the innovation economy in South Carolina. Our team mentors innovative companies and fills the funding gap through loans and grant matching.
Additionally, SCRA builds and manages Innovation Centers – labs, offices and manufacturing facilities where research is conducted and new technologies are commercialized.