MUSC Innovation Center
645 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC
This historic building was renovated in 2010, earning an ‘Excellence in Construction’ award from the Associated Builders and Contractors of the Carolinas.
The location along the corridor into Charleston’s historic district offers easy access to I-26, the Charleston International Airport and Mt. Pleasant. This secure facility has card reader access and a police substation on site.
- Base building – 28,400 sq. ft.
- Flexible modular office configurations
- Bio Safety Level II laboratories
- 11 secured wet labs equipped with case works
- Fully vented labs ranging in size from 600 sq. ft. to 1200 sq. ft.
- 10 separate enclosed offices available in the lab area
- Common lab area includes
- -80 freezer
- Purified water systems
- Flask Scrubber and Steam Scrubber
- Fire protection
- HVAC system is equipped with air purification units that prevent the spread of pathogenic, VOC, bacteria, and mold contaminants
- Temperature detection cameras installed
- Parking provided
- Common reception area
- Shared conference rooms and breakroom
- Internet access
- 24×7 security monitoring
- 24×7 HVAC system monitoring
- Card reader access
- Police substation on site
- Administrative office assistance available
- Networked printers and copiers
- Business, legal & financial planning assistance on site