Board of Trustees: Executive Committee
The SCRA Board of Trustees’ Executive Committee is comprised of the presidents of Clemson University, the Medical University of South Carolina and the University of South Carolina; the South Carolina governor or designee (to serve as Chairman); an additional appointee of the governor; the chairman of the South Carolina House Ways and Means Committee or designee; the chairman of the South Carolina Senate Finance Committee or designee; and two additional members.
Click photos for bios.
Board of Trustees
The SCRA Board of Trustees is drawn from leading corporate, academic and government organizations.
- Gregory (Gregg) B. Askins, Esq., Attorney and Chairman, South Carolina Board of Technical and Comprehensive Education
- Mr. Bryant G. Barnes, President and CEO, Comporium Communications
- Dr. L. Fred Carter, President, Francis Marion University
- Mr. Robert Caslen, President, University of South Carolina
- Mr. James E. Clark, President, South Carolina State University
- Dr. James P. Clements, President, Clemson University
- Dr. David J. Cole, President, Medical University of South Carolina
- Mr. Peter G. Dunphy, CFO, Global Services & Solutions, Michelin North America, Inc.
- Rep. Jason Elliott, Attorney and SC House of Representatives
- Ms. Jo Watson Hackl, Attorney, Wyche, P.A.; Author
- Robert W. (Wes) Hayes Jr., Esq., Attorney and Chairman, South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
- Mr. Don Herriott, SCRA Board Chairman, Entrepreneur & Business Owner
- Secretary Bobby M. Hitt III, Secretary, South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Ms. Heather Simmons Jones, CEO, Greenwood Partnership Alliance
- Ms. Lou Kennedy, President, CEO and Owner, Nephron Pharmaceuticals
- Ms. Pamela Lackey, Retired; Former President, AT&T
- Dr. Vahid Majidi, Executive Vice President, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions; Director, Savannah River National Laboratory
- Ms. Stella Mercado, President and CEO, Mercom Corporation
- Ms. Krista L. Newkirk, President, Converse College; Chair, Council of College Presidents
- Sen. Nikki G. Setzler, Attorney and SC Senate Finance Committee
- Dr. Keith Y. Shah, Senior Vice President, Optum, Inc.
- Ms. Sue-Ann (Susie) G. Shannon, President and CEO, South Carolina Council on Competitiveness
- Mr. David M. Smalls, Legislative Director, Colleton County Legislative Delegation
- Mr. Jonathan M. Zucker, President, The InterTech Group