OUR BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
The SCRA Board of Trustees’ Executive Committee is comprised of the presidents of Clemson University, the Medical University of South Carolina and the University of South Carolina; the South Carolina governor or designee (to serve as Chairman); an additional appointee of the governor; the chairman of the South Carolina House Ways and Means Committee or designee; the chairman of the South Carolina Senate Finance Committee or designee; and two additional members.
Click photos for bios.
The SCRA Board of Trustees is drawn from leading corporate, academic and government organizations.
- Gregory (Gregg) B. Askins, Esq., Attorney and Chairman, South Carolina Board of Technical and Comprehensive Education
- Mr. Bryant G. Barnes, President and CEO, Comporium Communications
- Dr. L. Fred Carter, President, Francis Marion University
- Mr. Robert Caslen, President, University of South Carolina
- Mr. James E. Clark, President, South Carolina State University
- Dr. James P. Clements, President, Clemson University
- Dr. David J. Cole, President, Medical University of South Carolina
- Mr. Peter G. Dunphy, CFO, Global Services & Solutions, Michelin North America, Inc.
- Rep. Jason Elliott, Attorney and SC House of Representatives
- Ms. Jo Watson Hackl, Attorney, Wyche, P.A.; Author
- Robert W. (Wes) Hayes Jr., Esq., Attorney and Chairman, South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
- Mr. Don Herriott, SCRA Board Chairman, Entrepreneur & Business Owner
- Secretary Bobby M. Hitt III, Secretary, South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Ms. Heather Simmons Jones, CEO, Greenwood Partnership Alliance
- Ms. Lou Kennedy, President, CEO and Owner, Nephron Pharmaceuticals
- Ms. Pamela Lackey, Retired; Former President, AT&T
- Dr. Vahid Majidi, Executive Vice President, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions; Director, Savannah River National Laboratory
- Ms. Stella Mercado, President and CEO, Mercom Corporation
- Ms. Krista L. Newkirk, President, Converse College; Chair, Council of College Presidents
- Sen. Nikki G. Setzler, Attorney and SC Senate Finance Committee
- Dr. Keith Y. Shah, Senior Vice President, Optum, Inc.
- Ms. Sue-Ann (Susie) G. Shannon, President and CEO, South Carolina Council on Competitiveness
- Mr. David M. Smalls, Legislative Director, Colleton County Legislative Delegation
- Mr. Jonathan M. Zucker, President, The InterTech Group
The SC Launch, Inc., Board of Directors approves loans and investments made to companies admitted to the SC Launch program. The Board, consisting of nine members, represents South Carolina’s academic institutions and industry and they have experience with startup companies.
Click photos for bios.